The Paris Block, 53 West Hastings, BC



53 West Hastings, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1G4
Levels:
6
Suites:
29
Status:
Completed
Built:
2008
Map:
3 - East Coal Harbour, Gastown, CityGate & False Creek
Concierge:
N/A
On Site Manager:
N/A
Type:
Freehold
Bldg #:
103
The Paris Block News Articles

PRINT VIEW



Need more information on this building click here

Main Image for The Paris Block, 53 West Hastings

BUILDING WEBSITE The Paris Block, 53 West Hastings St.,Vancouver V6B 1G4. 29 homes in a one hundred year old heritage building. This website contains: current building MLS listings & MLS sale info, building floor plans & strata plans, pictures of lobby & common area, developer, strata & concierge contact info, interactive 3D & Google location Maps link www.6717000.com/maps with downtown intersection virtual tours, downtown listing assignment lists of buildings under construction & aerial/satellite pictures of this building. For more info, click the side bar of this page or use the search feature in the top right hand corner of any page. Building map location; Building #195-Map 5, Vancouver West End Area.

Strata Company:
Rancho Management Services (B.C.) Ltd. ((604) 684-4508)
Concierge:
N/A
On Site Manager:
N/A
Developer:
The Salient Group (604) 669-5536
Architect:
Gair Williamson Architects 604.648.2626


Google Map


Please click the image above to view full map. This will open in a new window.

Bing Map

49.28243945031886,-123.10615053924026
Please click the image above to view full map. This will open in a new window.


Google Street View


Please click the image above to view full map. This will open in a new window.

Originally built in 1907, The Paris Block is unique in that massive Iron i-beams were employed to span the entire width of the building. These beams will be a distinctive hallmark of the new homes within, as will the more familiar red brick construction which was typical of the era.

a mixed retail and commercial building, The Paris Block was originally known as the Eastern Building, and attracted prominent tenants from the beginning. Not long after its construction, the upper floors became the Strathcona Hotel while the ground floor was occupied by Pierre Paris & Sons in 1919. Remnants of the painted signage for both these businesses are still visible on the east and west exposures of the building.
 

        1) Click Here For Printable Version Of Above Map

        2) Click here for Colliers full downtown area map in PDF format (845 KB)

Top